[Linrad] Re: Vista and Windows 7.

Hi Alberto,

>   could you please elaborate a little on this ? As I told you on another
> group, I am about to
> bring to life a quad core Intel CPU, on a mixed PCI - PCIExpress
> motherboard, and one
> of the op-sys I will install on it, with a multi boot manager, is Windows 7.
>
> So I would like to know which problems you have encountered with Winrad
> and Windows 7.
The problem is with Windows Vista. Presumably it is with Windows 7 as well,
I did not try.

The test is with an audio generator into one channel. I see two carriers
because there is not I and Q with a 90 degree shift. With the WMME
drivers all is OK on the Pentium 4, but with the ASIO driver I see
transcients that indicate disconitnuities in the input stream.

> I did a short test a few weeks ago, when I installed the Release
> Candidate of Windows 7
> on an old Asus laptop, with a Pentium M (Mobile) clocked at 1.4 GHz, and
> Winrad ran
> without error, without using the XP compatibility mode. But I did not
> test the ASIO drivers,
> as they do not exist for the chip set of that old laptop.
>
> I will report my findings on the new PC, when completed, installed and
> running.
I am awaiting your report with great interest:-)

73

Leif