From: Stan, W1LE <stanw1le@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tue, Sep 8, 2009 9:22 am
Subject: [Linrad] Re: Vista and Windows 7.

Hello Leif,

I appreciate the update.
You have provided important answers that have been haunting me for months.

> My conclusion is the following: Do not use Linrad with soundcards
> on computers running Windows Vista or Windows 7. Errors are easily
> seen if a single very strong signal is present at the input.
> Errors also manifest themselves as a somewhat too low sampling speed.

So, Windows will not work properly with PCI or PCIe soundcards or the
mother board sound.

How about the firewire FA-66 (4 channel) and the USB EMU 0202 ?

Looks like I need to dust off my Linux hat for the WSE and Delta-44
combination.

Thanks Stan, W1LE Cape Cod FN41sr