[Linrad] Re: Windows: Soundcard oddities.

Interesting!

With the Quartet as input for Linrad and using WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE, if
I select Realtek onboard sound as the Windows default [which is my
norm], then I get 48 kHz bandwidth.  This is using the Realtek as output
for Linrad.

If I select VAC 1 as the windows default, and keep the Quartet as Linrad
input and Realtek as the Linrad output, I get 96 kHz bandwidth, better
but still half of what the Quartet will give when I don't use
WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE [192 kHz].

If I select Realtek as the Windows default, and keep the Quartet as
Linrad input and select VAC 1 as Linrad output, I get 48 kHz bandwidth.

I don't have any other soundcards installed, so I can't test other
combinations.

Only if I don't select WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE do I get the full 192 kHz
bandwidth.

This is no problem for me, as I have plenty of dynamic range with 16 bits.

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz