Re: [linrad] SuSE 9.1, SVGALIB and Linrad

Hello Chris, Thanks for the new info.

Did you do a upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1 or did you do a complete new installation starting with 9.1 ??
Please advise us when 1.9.19 is available at the SVGALIB website.

Stan, WA1ECF FN41sr

Christoph Petermann wrote:

Leif and Friends,

Good news: Linrad works perfectly with SuSE Linux 9.1 !!

Problem has been in the SVGALIB, which did not compile. I contacted that friendly guy Matan Ziv-AV, and he sent me a new pre-release SVGALIB 1.9.19 which supports more graphic cards and Linux 2.6 Kernel.

Matan Ziv-AV will publish the new SVGALIB soon on his site http://www.svgalib.org

May be the problem is with my LINUX setup only here, I will describe my procedure here - which is quite simple at last.

Linrad seems to work better with the improved ALSA system now than with SuSE 8.2. But you should NOT allow Linrad to swap to disk - this results in a complete crash of my machine (3 times now), where I have to unplug it.

See you !

LINRADDARNIL