[Linrad] Re: Map65IQ and softrock V9

At 07:40 AM 3/26/2009, you wrote:

>Hi Ed,
>
>If one might be contemplating spending even $2000 towards good rx on
>2m, Leif's WSE converters and a good sound card would be the place
>to drop your money, as then LinRad, MAP65 and plenty of support
>exists already. Plus the simplicity of hardware, you then also have
>just One software to deal with as far as the receivers.
>
>Doing this myself I had a Huge learning curve, but once the stitches
>healed, I couldn't think of using anything else currently available.
>Plus - oh my gosh the cw ability with these things.
>
>Jeremy w7eme

Truth is that I probably will not invest any money this year.  I can
proceed with what I have which is running my standard H/V switching
JT65 2m station (FT-847) and splitting off the 2m Rx signal to the
DEMI 144/28+SDR-IQ and running Linrad+MAP65iq.  Not the ultimate
solution but should make random JT65 operating work pretty good.

I have other needs than just the ultimate eme Rx.  The Flex-5000 and
K3 are pretty much the ultimate HF radios (but expensive).  I am
preparing to get on 160m and 600m.  The K3 attracts from the small
package that can go portable for mw.  I may wait to see what develops
in the SDR area.  Eventually, being able to run dual-pol into Linrad
is a 2m-eme goal.

On 1296 my single Rx system will work fine since CP is used.  I will
be able to run CW/SSB/JT65 with Linrad and MAP65iq.

Waiting may be the smart move?

73, Ed - KL7UW