[Linrad] Preamp WSE

Aloha to all:

More elemental questions. What is a good amplifier level before input to WSE RX144? If I have say LNAs at antennas and have maybe 15 dB gain at RX144, then inserting another 15 dB for each channel at converter is working nicely.

What amount of signal amplification should supply to the RX144 channels? AND what effect is NF of second RF amplifiers in shack have upon NF of system?

My interest is may I use a more economical RF amplifier at the back of the converter and a good LNA at antenna to make required input to WSE converter?

This has likely been convered before?

Jeremy w7eme