[linrad] The Eagle Has Landed

Hello, All!

In answer to your questions about when the RX2500 will be available, I
am very happy to announce that the RX2500 has arrived here today!  It
was held up for a couple of days in a 'security check beyond UPS
control' in Germany, but once it cleared that hurdle itr got here very
quickly.

It looks beautiful on the outside, and I have put a JPG of the innards
of the RX2500 on my website at: http://www.qsl.net/w3sz/RX2500.jpg .
Beautiful inside and outside!

I am packing up to go to Microwave Update where I will show it off, but
I will not let anybody else touch it ;)

I can't wait to get back home and play with it.

If I can get back early Sunday maybe I can play with it this weekend
during the contest, depending upon the timing of moon rise and set
Sunday.  If not, I will wait for the 2nd leg of the ARRL contest which
after all is not that far away.

I am very seriously considering not transmitting this year but just
listening, so I can get maximal experience with the unit and the other
receive toys I have here, and record some good "S" files uninterrupted
with transmitter noise.  Well, I guess will make at least one EME
contact so I can get a certificate.  I can spare 30 seconds to do that
;)

Otherwise, it will probably be receive all the way...

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ   FN20ah
2 Merrymount Road