RE: [linrad] Re: Linux and graphics cards

If I quit to the first screen and then change consoles there appears to be
absolutely no problems. I can switch and be up and running in a matter of
seconds. I have NEVER crashed the machine switching consoles since upgrading
to svgalib-1.9.17, the worst thing that happens is that I have to quit out
of Linrad (using ESC)and re-start it which only takes seconds. For my
particular hardware combination svgalib-1.9.17 has definitely been an
improvement.

I have also found that the OSS drivers are well worth the few
dollars/euro/yen/dinar/pounds asked and seem to work very well with minimum
configuration problems. The documentation for the mixers etc is very good.

Conrad G0RUZ