[linrad] leaving and returning to Linrad with impunity

I was able to leave wcw in Linrad and to return with no problems until I updated my version of svgalib. To do that I also had to update the kernel and OSS, and I had to switch from the nice r128.c driver replacement for svgalib.1.4.3 to the VESA driver. In fact, I could do this repeatedly. I was only aware of the problem from others' postings until I made the 'ugrade".

But I am happy, as giving this up is not a big deal to me. Having to reboot whenever I accidentally crossed two display boxes WAS a big deal ;)

73,

Roger
W3SZ

Conrad G0RUZ wrote:

If I understand correctly is the problem for most people that they can't
switch to another console ie Alt F2 and then return to Linrad while it is
still running in console 1? I know I can't do that, I have to quit out of
Linrad to the first screen, I can't actually leave it running in weak signal
mode. When I say the first screen I mean the screen that has A=Weak signal
cw B=Normal cw etc. Can anyone actually leave it running in weak signal
mode? I cannot and would like to know how to.

73

Conrad G0RUZ