Re: [linrad] Svgalib 1.4.3 to 1.9.18

Hello Stan,

Every Linux distribution has its own peculiarities and tricks. So I can not comment on Red Hat.

I believe you have to deinstall svgalib-1.4.3 and its connections to the kernel before installing 1.9.18
or any other version.

Will see you at the conference this weekend. The door prize extravaganza is shaping up well.

Stan, WA1ECF

Stanka1ze@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Stan,

Did you have to do:

> The problem is that RH kernel includes a feature (rmap VM),
> which is hard (at least, for me) to find. To compile
> the module anyway, make sure you have the latest version
> (1.9.18) and edit the file kernel26compat.h, changing line 10, so that
> it is a copy of line 22 ( so that io_remap_page_range() sees 5
> arguments). There might be similar issue with minor versus MINOR, which
> requires similar changes near the end of the file.
.
.
.

>I had to use Makefile.alt to compile svgalib_helper.

>73

>Leif / SM5BSZ

I was able to make the needed changes in kernel26compat.h and now I am wondering if I need to make clean the 1.4.3 before installing the 1.9.18?

I wish I could comment about your audio problem. I will see you at the NEWS Confrence this weekend.

73, Stan, KA1ZE

LINRADDARNIL