Re: [linrad] Progress: SUSE 9 and LINRAD

Looks like vgatest did not compile.

edit the Makefile and remove vgatest & mousetest from the linrad: list of
files

pico or nano are good simple editors

nano Makefile

So the line would change from:
linrad: Makefile main.o ui.o setvga.o uivar.o fft1var.o setad.o hware.o \
wide_graph.o getiq.o fft0.o fft1.o buf.o rxtest.o screenvar.o sigvar.o \
baseb_graph.o afc_graph.o hires_graph.o fftasm.o palette.o gifsave.o \
calibrate.o calsub.o calsub2.o llsqvar.o caliq.o hwarevar.o hwaredriver.o
\
llsq.o sellim.o selvar.o mix1.o fft2var.o fft3var.o fft2mmxb.o fft2mmxa.o\
fft3.o split.o timf2.o simdasm.o fft1_re.o fft1_approx.o fft1_complex.o \
wcw.o blank1.o calvar.o blnkvar.o fft2.o pol_graph.o modesub.o fft2mmxc.o
\
help.o afcsub.o timing.o mix2.o spur.o spursub.o coherent.o cohsub.o eme.o
\
tune.o txtest.o network.o mouse.o freq_control.o vgatest mousetest morse.o

linrad: Makefile main.o ui.o setvga.o uivar.o fft1var.o setad.o hware.o \
wide_graph.o getiq.o fft0.o fft1.o buf.o rxtest.o screenvar.o sigvar.o \
baseb_graph.o afc_graph.o hires_graph.o fftasm.o palette.o gifsave.o \
calibrate.o calsub.o calsub2.o llsqvar.o caliq.o hwarevar.o hwaredriver.o
\
llsq.o sellim.o selvar.o mix1.o fft2var.o fft3var.o fft2mmxb.o fft2mmxa.o\
fft3.o split.o timf2.o simdasm.o fft1_re.o fft1_approx.o fft1_complex.o \
wcw.o blank1.o calvar.o blnkvar.o fft2.o pol_graph.o modesub.o fft2mmxc.o
\
help.o afcsub.o timing.o mix2.o spur.o spursub.o coherent.o cohsub.o eme.o
\
tune.o txtest.o network.o mouse.o freq_control.o morse.o

vgatest mousetest are the third and second to last items on the list of
files to make.

Hope this helps.

73, KD7HGL
							Later, JOSH

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Stan wrote:

> Hello the Net:
>
> Progress is slow but I am sustaining progress.
>
> Piece parts for the new computer are on hand and all parts working together.
>
> SUSE 9 pro recognizes the Matrox millenium video card, the AC'97 audio
> on the motherboard,
> the DELTA-44 soundcard, a SB PCI soundcard. video resolution 1024 x 768
> easily achieved.
>
> I loaded SUSE 9.0 Pro and have achieved getting the command line.
>
> minimum load of SUSE does not have the dev tools needed, load all
> capabilities.
> updatedb and locate commands were found and loaded from the distribution CDs
>
> svgalib-1.4.3.tgz was loaded and processed.      make install    was
> successful (no errors indicated)
> links (ln) as suggested, were made.
> nasm-0.98.tgz was processed and     make     was successful without errors.
>

> for LINRAD, lir01-15.tbz        :
> ls  /mnt                                       floppy file was present
> mount  /dev/fd0  /mnt/floppy       mounted the floppy OK
> cd  /home
> cp  /mnt/floppy/lir01-15.tbz
> umount  /mnt/floppy
> bunzip2  lir01-15.tbz                 unpacks OK,   lots of files extracted
> tar  xvf  lir01-15.tar
> cd  linrad-01.15
> ./configure                                lots of activity,  prepares
> for compilation
> make                                       also lots of activity, then
> finally
>
> make:  *** [vgatest]  error 1
>
> any suggestion on what to do next  ?   How do I diagnose this error  ?
> Othe lesson learned, spaces are important, my printer probably using a
> made spaces smaller initially suggesting to me that some command lines
> were with out spaces.
> Spaces are important.
>

> Stan, WA1ECF

LINRADDARNIL