Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 4:50 PM
Subject: [linrad] Red Hat 9

I am just getting started setting up Linux. I purchased a book "Sams Teach Yourself Red Hat Linux 9 in 24 Hours", and it came with 2 install discs for Red Hat 9. Before I get started, has anyone had any experience with 9? Should I just plod away at converting my new computer to Linux? I have a 2.8Ghz P4, 512MB DDR SDRAM , 160GB HD,and NVIDIA FX 5200 graphics. I also have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card and a M-Audio USB Audiophile external audio device. I suspect I'll have to buy a Delta 44 card sense I could not find Linux drivers for my above audio cards.

Stan, KA1ZE

LINRADDARNIL