FW: RE: Took the bait. (Leif Åsbrink Oct 06 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Leif Åsbrink
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 9:34 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [linrad] Took the bait.

Hi Dan,

I did not see anyone reply on your posting.

> I'll have the following CPU hardware available immediately:
>
>  Tyan S1470 MB/Pentium 200/64MB RAM/5 PCI, 4 ISA
>  Diamond Stealth 3D 3000 PCI Video
>  Creative Labs SB AWE32 (ISA) for sound output
>  Delta 44 for baseband input....when it arrives ;-)
>  3COM 3C509 (ISA) Ethernet card (my house is networked)
>  Maxtor 5.1 GB HD (unused)
>  etc. ....
>
> Will this fly at a reasonable speed, or will I need some
> newer hardware with built-in warp drive?
If you want to run the Delta 44 at 96 kHz sampling 2 radio
channels in I/Q mode for 96 kHz bandwidth (4 audio channels)
you will need a Pentium III at 600 MHz or equivalent.

With a Pentium MMX at 200 MHz you can process something
like 2 x 20 kHz bandwidth but if it is an old Pentium without
MMX, the cpu speed will limit your bandwidth to 2 x 10kHz or so.
73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ

LINRADDARNIL