Re: [linrad] Live-CD for linrad

What type of KB are you using?  I only use a PS2 KB, so a AT or USB
keyboard may not work the same.

Does pressing F2 on the setup screen show you the detials of the setup?
(I'm trying to figure out when it stops working)

I am only running linrad on of the consoles, if you try to change to
another console does that work?  Alt-F2 or Alt-F3  (Press and hold Alt,
then press F2)

You can also start the CD in single user mode, and not have linrad start.
On the initial boot screen (where it says press F2 for more options) try:
morphix single
This should give you a bash prompt.

You can try out the keyboard now, if it works you should try linrad from
here.  You need to run three commands to start linrad.
/etc/init.d/linrad
aumix
linrad

The first copies some files, and sets the mixer to default to line-in.
The second lets you change the mixer settings.
The third starts linrad.

If single user mode does not work then we need to look more at your
hardware.  The morphix or knoppix[2] site may have some ideas.  Since my
image is just a slight change to MorphixBase-0.4-1.iso you may want to try
that image as well:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/morphix/MorphixBase-0.4-1.iso?download

Please send me your hardware configuration, that may also give us some
ideas to look at.

Thanks for trying it out.  Hopefully we will get it working shortly.

						Later, JOSH (KD7HGL)

[2] http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-old-en.html

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, John Harrison, NI1B wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
>    Great idea :)
>
>    I downloaded your iso. Burned it. It starts up fine. It starts up
> linrad OK, but when I type on the keyboard nothing happens.
>
>    Perhaps the iso could have a two stage start up? First stage linux up
> and running. Then start linrad. That way the hardware can be checked out
> and any pre-startup stuff done. I am not sure that that would help in my
> case, but it might.
>
>    john, ni1b
>

> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Josh Logan wrote:
>

> > I modified a Morphix[1] image to automatically start linrad.
> >
> > This CD has automatic hardware detection, using the kernel OSS drivers.
> > Linrad is running on tty1, aumix (sound mixer) is running on tty2.
> >
> > To switch to the mixer press Alt-F2, to switch back press Alt-F1.
> >
> > Linrad does not have any stored settings so each time you boot off the CD
> > you need to go through the setup screens.
> >
> > http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~josh/Morphix-linrad-01.07.iso
> >
> > The image is only 33MB, and you can burn it via Windows.
> >
> > Please let me know how it works for you?
> > If you have any questions or suggections please pass those along.
> >
> > 73, KD7HGL
> >
> > 						Later, JOSH
> >

> > [1] http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/

LINRADDARNIL