Re: [linrad] Live-CD for linrad

Hi Josh,

   Great idea :)

   I downloaded your iso. Burned it. It starts up fine. It starts up
linrad OK, but when I type on the keyboard nothing happens.

   Perhaps the iso could have a two stage start up? First stage linux up
and running. Then start linrad. That way the hardware can be checked out
and any pre-startup stuff done. I am not sure that that would help in my
case, but it might.

   john, ni1b

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Josh Logan wrote:

> I modified a Morphix[1] image to automatically start linrad.
>
> This CD has automatic hardware detection, using the kernel OSS drivers.
> Linrad is running on tty1, aumix (sound mixer) is running on tty2.
>
> To switch to the mixer press Alt-F2, to switch back press Alt-F1.
>
> Linrad does not have any stored settings so each time you boot off the CD
> you need to go through the setup screens.
>
> http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~josh/Morphix-linrad-01.07.iso
>
> The image is only 33MB, and you can burn it via Windows.
>
> Please let me know how it works for you?
> If you have any questions or suggections please pass those along.
>
> 73, KD7HGL
>
> 						Later, JOSH
>

> [1] http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/

LINRADDARNIL