AW: [linrad] WG: How to configure sound mixer

Hello Matt,

in deed, this seems to be the problem: I cannot set Line Input recording level and play level independently. Here is what I've done:
1) starting aumix
2) muting play of all channels despite the PCM
3) enabling the record of line input and putting the slider to the middle
4) save
5) exit

And I did not recognize that the play level of the line input moved upward as well, that means, I am getting direct audio from the line input to the line output. After that I installed KDE and even there, it behaves equal. It seems there is a missing function in my audio mixer hardware. That is not a sound card, its on board audio of my Siemens-Nixdorf Pro M6 computer. I'll now check if this is also the case when I install Win98 and then I will see.

Why I am not using OSS? Just a easy thing: Would you buy for something which you do not know that you will use it?

73, Günter

LINRADDARNIL