The tradeoff of 192 kHz sampling

Hello Toki and All,

AK5394A sounds really great although...

I'm not an expert in this field though one who interests in more technical
should read;
http://www.digitalaudio.dk/technical_papers/Tradeoff%20of%20192%20kHz.PDF

It summarizes;
On the other hand the study of the technical specification of the AK5394A
indicates that the S/N ratio decreases at higher sample rates as a result of
the expansion of the frequency band. Actually the S/N decreases by more than
3 dB that one would expect as a result of a doubling of the sample rate from
96 kHz to 192 kHz.

So, what?

Kohjin - JR1EDE

At 12:18 02/11/20 +0000, toki wrote:
>Hi OM.
>
>> Thanks to Pete, KC1HR I now know that there is an ADC
>> chip CS5396 from (http://www.cirrus.com).
>>
>> This is a 24 bit 96kHz stereo AD converter and there
>> is an evaluation board for it.
>>
>> The CS5396 is 20dB better than the Delta 44!!
>
>What does make you so happy ?
>Almost every companies that develop ADC device have evaluation board
>for their products.
>
>For example;
>You can get information about evaluation board of the most advanced
>AD converter from;
>
>     http://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/akm/
>
>AK5394A is a 24 bit 192kHz stereo AD converter with s/n 123db.
>The evaluation board also has printer, coax, and optic interfaces like
>cirrus.
>I don't believe the cirrus can develop better analog device than the akm.
>
>Anyway, problem is always the cost.

LINRADDARNIL