[Linrad] Re: Duplex

Leif Asbrink wrote:

> Oooh! There is no little loudspeaker. There is another icon
> and when I click it I just get the master volume control.
>
> Now I discovered I can right-click on it and get a menu from
> which I can select something with some similarity to
> what you show on your web page.
>
> Not much joy however.
> http://www.sm5bsz.com/ac97.jpg

Hi Leif,

   well, as much as I tried, I cannot understand a single word of what I saw on that page...:-)
Swedish is double Dutch for me... :-)

Seriously, maybe you installed one of those gizmo mixer that sometimes the sound card manufacturers ship together with
the plain vanilla drivers for the card. Or maybe Windows 2000 is somewhat different from Windows XP...

At this point the only thing to do is, as you say, to sit at a table in Florence and experiment on some laptop with
Windows XP.   BTW, I will be in Florence only on Saturday late afternoon to take part at the gala dinner, and the day
after, Sunday

> Another example. On my laptop I tell Windows I want 48 kHz
> and surely that is what I get into Linrad. I can see from the
> frequency response and aliasing that the sampling is actually
> at 16 kHz. Maybe the hardware is 48kHz and Windows decides
> for mr that 16 kHz is more appropriate and downsamples.
> If it does, it also upsamples again for me.

Well, that is quite strange... never happened to me... are you sure you still want to run Win2000 on that laptop instead
of switching to WinXP + SP3 ?  I did that switch many years ago and never regretted it. And I did also find that XP is
less hungry of CPU resources than 2000...

73  Alberto  I2PHD