From: Leif Asbrink <leif@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 4:47 pm
Subject: linrad-02.41 and 02-42

Hi All,

There has been very little feedback on Linrad-02.41 and
I could guess it is because it is not so bug-rich, but on the
other hand, there are only 59 subscribers to this list
so the number of active users must be very small.

I have made a couple of small improvements and I am ready to
upload Linrad-02.42 before I leave home for two weeks
in the sun (Oman, on Saturday.)

The main changes are:

1) The error message for missing inpout32.dll with SDR-IQ
or SDR-14 under Windows is now correctly displayed.

2) The point where the 10 dB attenuator is switched in with
SDR-IQ is now a user parameter.

3) The mirror image balancing does not "forget" its data
when extra key-presses are made.

I discovered the problem (3) while writing a new page on
mirror image calibration:
http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/iqbal/iqcal.htm
(Before, generating .gif files did not work on these screens.)

As you can see by following this link, the Linrad calibration
routine allows 100 dB image rejection (or more) already with
a relatively noisy generator like the HP8657A. The stability
of the WSE units does not allow a determination of where the
limit is.

Before uploading 02-42 I would like to know if there are any
other issues with 02-41.

As you perhaps know, the latest "stable" version is
Linrad-02.35 although several more recent versons have
been available for quite some time.

Please send a short note if you tried 02-41 without problems,
if I get several YES I will replace 02-35 with 02-42.