[Linrad] Re: Linrad 03.05b and SDR-IQ

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 12:21 +0200, Leif Asbrink wrote:

> of something like 20Hz to 24kHz it is easy. I do not think you can
> use the SDR-IQ at these low frequencies. The specification is
> 10kHz and upwards. You should just use a soundcard.

The SDR-IQ is stated as useable down to 100Hz.  I know about the low
freq rolloff.

> > I want to view signals from the noise
> > floor to say -50db.

> -50 dB what? You must specify relative to something.

I think the signal level from NLK in my area is about -50dbm.
I am unsure of the measurement, this is the value from the SV calibrated screen.

> You will have to connect an analog signal source to the soundcard

I am not using a sound card, only the SDR-IQ.

> > I want to have the waterfall advance at some slow
> > rate that I do not know how to specify.
> You will easily find out once you have your soundcard running
> with an input signal. (There is an F1 help)

Is it possible to get a waterfall display with the SDR-IQ?

I have connected the SDR-IQ to my 12x12x36", 21 turn loop.  I can see
several VLF stations in the FFT (is spectrum right word?) display.  I
cannot see the waterfall display, it seems blank.