Re: [SPAM][Linrad] Re: system gain

Good morning John,

Thanks for your reply. My system looks like this:

The antenna, preamp, power amp and transverter are mounted remotely at
the antenna. The system nf and gain to the IF is quite good, say .7 dB
nf and 25 dB gain. From there, the 144mhz IF travels through about 7 dB
of loss to a 3 dB splitter. One side of the splitter goes to the IF
radio, the other side to the .6 dB nf, 18 dB amp, and then into the
SDR-14 and on to the computer.

The IF radio hears signals better than the LINRAD system displays them.
My whole point is to bring the LINRAD system up to or better than the
sensitivity of the IF radio. Of course this is a better problem to have
than the other way around--I think :-).

I hope this helps you visualize my system. I don't believe the problem
is at the remote site since both the IF radio and the LINRAD system see
the same signal. The question is how to tweak the LINRAD parameters to
bring its performance up to that of the IF radio.

Thanks for your thoughts.

73,

Dave, K4TO