[Linrad] Re: Linrad and MAP65-IQ

At 03:25 PM 3/5/2009, Les wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>We are finally up and running. Using a DEM 144/28 converter with the
>SDR and Map65-IQ as an EME band scope into a seperate computer, while
>running WJT6  for RX/TX (TS-2000) on another.
>
>I have noticed that the Freq reported in MAP65 is 4 MHZ off. I have
>Linrad set to 28.130 and  Fadd to 116000.
>
>Still running into issues where linrad freezes and needs to be
>rebooted but Im running on only a  P3 1,GHZ with 512 MB.
>
>I have not been able to decode anything below -22 db, Are there any
>other settings to be played with on Linrad to increase sensitivity or
>is it function of my limited  processing power ?
>
>Thanks Joe and Leif for the new toy,
>
>Les/Daniel
>W2LPL/W2DBL

My experience using the SDR-IQ at 28-MHz as IF for my 2m-eme station
is that the SDR-IQ seems gain deficient.  I lowered my MDS -14 dBm by
adding 18-dB of IF gain before the SDR-IQ.  I am using a DEMI 144/28
behind two 2m preamps with total gain of 30 dB.  I see -28 traces
with 100-KHz Bandwidth (RBW ~ 3Hz).

73, Ed - KL7UW