[Linrad] Re: MAP65 for SDR-IQ

I ran into the same problem as some others, with "No Rx data" in MAP65-
IQ,
and a Linrad screen message: Net_Write Error:xxxx
where xxxx is a number which grows rapidly and continuously.

I should add that this is a stand-alone  computer, 2.8GHz Celeron,
single core,
1.5GB RAM and running XP (SP2).
This machine is dedicated to running Linrad, WSJT6 (or MAP65-IQ), and
Tac32.
It has 2 screens and 2 serial ports (one for tx control, the other for
the GPS time Rx).
It has an "SIS 900-Based PCI fast ethernet adaptor" (whatever that
is),
which sounds to me like an onboard network facility.
It has no network connection to the outside world, and no plug-in
Ethernet card.
Perhaps I am naive, but I assumed that the machine would talk to
itself without one.

I first tried disabling the Windows Firewall - no effect, which was no
surprise.
I then followed Joe's advice, and changed the ip address in
par_netsend_ip
to 192.168.0.50.
The computer was not configured to have an ip address (none needed),
so I gave it one from the usual series. I may not have done this
right!
Anyway, it didn't help.

I am now beyond my expertise!
Is this something simple?
Do I need a Network card?
If so, perhaps it is time to upgrade to a dual core (or better)
machine,
which might handle the 3 programs (2 needing lots of processing) more
efficiently.

Guy VK2KU