[Linrad] Re: HPSDR Mercury and Linrad

Hi John et al,

Either Linux or Windows is OK with me.  I had started out in Linux but
migrated to Windows because of the need to use some commercial
applications that exist only in Windows [e.g. WriteLog], and which won't
run with the necessary hardware in a VMWare/VirtualBox-type environment.

So Windows would be easier for me just because all of my little programs
that send 'stuff' from one computer to the other and to WriteLog are
written for Windows and working well, and would have to be redone if
this is done in Linux.  And if I do this in Linux then I need to address
the security issues that always seem to bug me when I am trying to
'automagicly' send files back and forth between multiple Linux and
Windows machines, as I need to do for my application.  And my virtual
network com port programs that are a part of this are proprietary
Windows software, so that would be an issue for me as well.

Ideally, we could get it working on both O/S.  Then everyone would be
happy and could be part of the fun!

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr