R: [Linrad] Linrad-03.01

Hello Leif.

Here with Win-Xp sp3 the new version run fine.

Also the network
problems highlighted in the previous release seem resolved.

Excellent work!

73 Ermanno / ik7ezn

24/01/2009 20.19
>A: "linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Ogg:
[Linrad] Linrad-03.01

>Hi All,
>
>Ever since Vista appeared there have been
problems
>with soundcard setup in Linrad under Windows.
>
>The strategy I
adopted was to try what the user
>asked for with the WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE
format
>of Windows. In case it produced an error, Linrad
>would silently try to
open the device with the
>WAVEFORMATEX format and 16 bit data even if the
>user
asked for 24 bits.

>In Linrad 03-01 the user has to specify what type
>of
format to use. One can ask for 2 channels and 16
>bit data with either format
type and maybe the
>resampling within Windows will be different. I do
>not
know whether resampling occurs in the device
>driver or in Windows itself (or
maybe in both places)

>I have no recommendation for which format to select

>for different types of soundcards except that
>the format type to use with
the Delta44 is the extended
>one.
>
>73