[linrad] Linrad-02.39

Hi All,

Linrad-02.39 can do calibration from recorded files, both .wav files
and files in Linrads own format.
This feature is intended to allow me to receive calibration files from various
hardwares in order to check that the routines work as intended.

There is now a new page about calibration in Linrad:
http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/flat/ampcal.htm

An ordinary function generator that produces a square wave can be
used for calibration on HF bands. The link has several calibration
files that you might download to try what happens when you
do different things.
(If your pulse generator is phase stable, the spectrum you will see
on the linrad screen will be sharp lines at the overtones of your
square wave - but that does not affect calibration.)

Linrad-02.39 also has an automatic spur cancellation routine that
can locate hundreds of spurs and place notch filters on them all.
For details, look here:
http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/spur/autospur.htm

There are many changes in Linrad since 02-35 which is still
"latest version" on the "Linrad Home Page."

I have not had much feed-back on whether the changes in users.c
and users_tr.c have caused problems or if there have been other
difficulties. Please test Linrad-02.39 and verify that nothing that
was working well before is still ok. I think that the advantages
with 02-39 over 02.35 motivate a change at the "Linrad Home Page",
but I do not want to give problems to newcomers.....

I am still looking for "interesting" interference situations.
You may have seen "Reserved for blanker" in the baseband graph.
This is a routine that should help against lightening crashes
on HF bands and perhaps in other situations where interference
pulses are not local and therefore suffer from multi-path
propagation.

Is there NOBODY on this list who ever tries to copy a signal but
has big difficulties due to interference of some kind (or in SSB
has a too low S/N) ???
I am very interested in recordings of marginal "copy" or "no copy"
in CW or SSB. Maybe DSP could improve :-)