[linrad] Re: help compiling xlinrad

Hello Daniel,

> I find it somewhat difficult to grab the thin white border
> lines for changing window sizes

This is a compromise. Screen space is a limited resource and
many more things are planned to be present simultaneously.
The idea is that you will find your favourite layout and leave
it fixed for each mode of operation.

> and get a crash when accidently pulling a line out of
> the actual screen.
Yes. this is a known problem. The mouse reports positions outside
the screen to Linrad which writes outside the allocated memory area.
The next version will not have this problem.

> could nor find file
> Sorry, no info available in errors.lir
>
> Press any key
>

> Need to hit "enter" twice then I can restart xlinrad and it works fine.
Error handling is not correct yet. Sometimes repeated key presses
work, other times you have to kill linrad with ctrlC (svgalib) or
the big kill button of the X or Windows window.
Sometimes there might be segfaults or ouher problems as secondary
conesquences of an error exit. This is what I currently work on.

There are 411 error exits right now. In a single threaded
structure they all call an error routine that makes the call 'exit(1);'
Simple and safe!  In the multi-threaded structure the program has
to return from the error routine all the way up to its main routine
from where the thread has to be closed properly. On the route
back it is necessary to avoid secondary faults, the error could be
a failure to reallocate memory and then various pointers may be
illegal etc. It is necessary to place an if statement to check for
an error condition after each subroutine call that could have such
a problem further down the chain. I have added about 500 such tests
and I will add maybe 500 more - then it will be time for Linrad-02.08