[linrad] Re: PTS 310 synthesizer

Let me also thank Roger. On his recommendation I purchases a used PT-160 with "all the switches" and the GPIB interface, etc. on Ebay dirt cheap. They sold it because it had a dirty switch on the MHz decade. Paul Drexler and I were trying to figure it out to drive to my 24 Ghz LO and I fiddled with the switch and it came alive. I cleaned the switch and it has worked perfectly since. Roger's help with docs and encouragement were the reason I got the thing and what a beautiful instrument it is.

Bob
N4HY

David Garnier wrote:
w3sz wrote:

Roger,

Thank you for send the zip file of data on the PTS units

The reason for putting an 10 Mhz oven in mine was, I had a couple of them, and I was just going to use PTS for testing some microwave brick oscillators.
Nothing fancy like GPS disciplined 10 Mhz source in my shack yet.  ;-)

A long time ago MR used a PTS units with each system, there has to be a
digitized manual somewhere.  There is never enough time...

73's dave garnier - wb9own