[linrad] Alsa Sound Help Needed

Gang,

   I've somehow managed to mess up something in my linux install.   Whenever I boot the PC
linrad cant't find the sound drivers.   I can run "rcalsasound status" and it tells me
that alsa is running and other sound functions work.   I have to do a "rcalsasound
force-reload" to be able to use linrad.  This is only from the login I use most often.
If I login as root or another user linrad runs fine without any messing around with
rcalsasound.

   Anyone have any hints on where to start looking.   I assume that it is something that is
happening in the login but have no idea where to start.

Terry  KJ7F