RE: [linrad] Linrad01-12

Hi Bob,

> It should be possible, especially under Linux, to have
> graphics painting and signal processing on separate threads.
> The signal processing is on the highest priority thread
> and the screen gets repainted when it can.  You can force
> a repaint every N tries or M msec, etc.
Maybe.

Linrad uses a very simple strategy. What I added for
version 01-12 is that spectra are no longer updated
each time they are recalculated, now they are
updated four times during the time span over which
they are averaged. I do not see why separate threads
would be an advantage. Maybe the code would be easier
to understand, but the number of writes to the screen
would not be different. The user has to specify what
he wants and the user should do the compromise according
to what he is interested in. Linrad (that is me, the
programmer) should not take the decisions for him.

73

Leif
LINRADDARNIL