Re: [144MHzEu] Out of band QRM. Worst case ?

The most successful mast-head pre-amplifiers that we have
used are based on the "muTek" front-end design from the
old FT221/FT225 board, but with a few slight changes:

- use BF988 because cannot get BF981 easily any more

- put 2k2 resistor across first coil in output filter (at drain
  of fet)

- increase Q of front-end coil (more turns, less C) and use
  0-6pf air spaced trimmer

- put 12dB attenuator on output side

When correctly set up you can get a simple, reliable, low
cost mast-head amplifier with NF ~ 0.7dB gain (before
attenuator) around 22-26dB (depends how you tune it)
and if you tune it carefully 1dB crompression point at around
-3dBm.

We use these pre-amplifiers on the M0BAA/P and G8T
contest station in line-of-sight of 153MHz radio paging
transmitters and have no problems!

Mike G8TIC/M0BAA/M0VHF/G8T