Re: [linrad] Newbie's first impressions

Thanks  Joe, I'll give that a spin.

Thanks also to the others who emailed regarding startx - yes that
worked, not that it helped very much as I couldn't access the net as I
hadn't setup the ip address etc.

I had some work to do outside( trying to un-blocka drain), so left the
Linux installing, got back and it is ready. So now to copy some stuff
to CD. But first I have to get that drain unblocked....

73

David

On 12 Apr 2004, at 1:34 pm, Joe Taylor wrote:

> I haven't put the new machine on the network yet, and it does not have
> a floppy drive.  (This seems to be a direction in the industry.)  But
> it does have a CD-RW drive.  So I downloaded the files for svgalib,
> nasm, OSS, and Linrad using my Windown machine and copied them onto a
> CD-RW platter.  This could be mounted ("mount /mnt/cdrom") on the
> Linux box, and the files were then directly accessible.  Just like a
> floppy, but 600 MB.
> 			-- 73, Joe, K1JT

LINRADDARNIL
/