RE: [linrad] parallel port and linux/linrad

Hmmm, I was unaware of this problem, but when telling my Linrad to
write to 0xd000 I also get the same error.......

The solution is easy. In order to write directly to the hardware
Linrad asks for permission with ioperm(). This will give access
to ports up to 0x3ff only. In order to write to higher port
one has to change the I/O privilege level.

There is a routine users_open_devices() around line 184 in hwaredriver.c.
Add a line:
iopl(3);

Place it immediately before the line:
ioperm(HWARE_PORT,4,1);

On my computer that solves the problem and Linrad runs happily
writing to non-existing hardware:-)

Hopefully your pci card will do its work:-)

73

Leif