[linrad] Help: Sound under SuSE 9.1

Tnx Daniel, DL3IAE

   * To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    * Subject: [linrad] Help Linrad sound
    * From: "Daniel Koch" <dl3iae@xxxxxx>
    * Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:29:55 +0100 (MET)
    * Sender: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi folks,

after several failures I managed to get Linrad sort of running.

My installation:

 CPU::  P II

 CPU Speed:: 233 MHz MMX

 RAM in MB:: 192

 SOUND CARD:: C-Media CMI 8738 5.1 PCI

 SOUND DRIVER::  ALSA as in the SuSE 9.1 package

 VIDEO CARD::  no clue, but it is working OK

 VIDEO DRIVER::   SuSE

 LINUX DISTRIBUTION::  SuSE

 LINUX VERSION::  9.1 PRO

 KERNEL VERSION::  2.6

 SVGALIB VERSION::  svgalib-1.9.18 (latest)

 LINRAD VERSION::  01-27  (latest)

However, I cannot get the sound working properly. I see the spectrum but I
cannot hear the Linrad sound output on my speakers. What I hear is the audio
that comes in via Line IN.
If I mute this input, all sound is gone. Right mouse click on the spectrum
results in complete silence...

-	"Disable direct connection from to input to output"

Sounds easy, but I don?t know how. Have tried about 5 different mixers that
came with my SuSE package, but the result is always the same.
I have invested countless hours and I have not much of a hint what I am
doing wrong here.
Went through all the mail index on the reflector.

I am a newbie to Linux and guess I just need somebody to tell me the
trick...

Tnx in advance

Daniel, DL3IAE

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot