Re: [linrad] Newcomer

I am not a Linux expert, and would suggest you heed the others' advice before following mine.

However, I can say that I believe I got the message you describe after I had upgraded the kernel from the one that was in place when I installed svgalib, etc.

I could be mistaken about this, since my playing around was 3-4 weeks ago now, and much of it occurred late at night in marathon sessions when sleep deprived, and I took some notes on what worked but not on all of the things that didn't work/caused problems ;)

However, if all else fails, if you did in fact update [or change] the kernel since installing svgalib, try using the old kernel that was in place when you first installed svgalib, and see if things work.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

73,

Roger
W3SZ