[linrad] Re: Delta 44

Hi Daniel,

Anyhow, I was playing around with the card configuration in Yast, when the
computer suddenly went very slow. I went to reebot and since then the
audio
input level of adc0 cannot be reduced anymore. The amixer settings are
still
the same but seem to have no influence anymore on the actual input level.
So there are basicly to problems that have to be solved:

a) how can I get the Delta44 controls back working and

b) how can I make ALSA recognize the second soundboard, without having to
go
to KDE all the time and tell it "hey, there is a second board". There must
be a file somewhere where ALSA stores the settings before leaving X-Window
or system reboot.

Something seems to go wrong when alsa is started.
The  following information  is required to make a first diagnostic:

1. Content of /etc/modprobe.d/sound
Yast uses this file to store the definitions of  all your sound cards.
Maybe this file got garbage in it

2. Check the sound related messages in your boot startup messages:
use the command  'less /var/log/boot.msg | grep sound'

With this information it should be possible to find out where to look next.

Good luck and best 73,
Pierre/ON5GN