[linrad] Re: SUCCESS! Svgalib_helper module not needed!

Hi , I have seen that delta 44 ALSA module included in the 2.6 kernel is the snd_ice1712. So, installing it under Debian sarge with 2.6 kernel should not have any problems.

I am in a hurry now, I go to work, butyou can try to install the alsaconf and alsa-base packages and see what happens (I do not know if more packages are requierd). Anyway, you can use the modprobe command to insert the snd_ice1712 manually and see if it works, then you can make it permanent modifying some stuff in /etc/modules (alsaconf will do it for you). Also perhaps it is needed the OSS emulation on the kernel. As I use a custom home compiled kernel, I think I included it directly on the kernel, but I need to examine it slowly.

I think the alsaconf program (and having a 2.6 kernel instead of a 2,4 one )is the easy way to do it.

We will talk later.

I am late.......

Ramiro.