[linrad] new knoppix.iso

I have made a new knoppix.iso and will upload it and send out a note after I have tested it a bit more.

This version differs from the first in that:

1. I eliminated games to make more space [and used up the space thus created, as noted below].

2.  I updated and upgraded package versions as suggested.

3.  I changed the startup script by
a. providing a loop so that one doesn't need to enter XWindows after exiting Linrad b. providing an option to use joe to edit 'libvga.config' by just selecting a menu item c. allowing one to cycle thru choices to run Linrad or edit libvga.config as many times as desired before leaving the loop to enter XWindows.

On my machine here, anyway, when I save the configuration and image as previously described, my altered libvga.config file remains as I altered it when I reboot. This is nice.

4. I put the oss install files in the directory /home/knoppix/oss but did not install oss, as doing so would remove the alsa sound modules from the kernel, and I do not want this to happen since I use my installation to make the Live-CDs.

This is important because I therefore did NOT install OSS to make sure it works. I downloaded the NONREGPARM version and put it on the disk, as this is what my Debian installation used IIRK. I hope this is correct.

I will upload the new CD and send out a notice after I try some more to break things, and am satisfied that I can't do so.

73,

ROger
W3SZ

--