[linrad] Linrad/Suse crashes!

my Linrad setup has be running nicely for a few months now. Sofar my main
mode was single RX channel I/Q mode, running a direct conversion receiver.
I use a Delta 44 as input at 96 kHz, and an old ES1969 Solo-1 Audiodrive as
output. Soundsystem is ALSA. Besides the problem of not being able to adjust
the input sensitivity of the Delta 44 at 96 kHzI never experienced any
trouble, never had a crash.

I am working on a second receiver here and I want to use the 2 channel I/Q
mode now to benefit from the automatic polarisation optimization.

This is what happens:

After a few minutes in weak signal mode the screen freezes. The only thing
moving is the indicator for cpu work load, which very slowly decreases from
about 45% towards 0. Screen says "SPEED WARNING" and OVERRUN ERRORS 1 (92).

A/D:96010Hz, D/A: 4866Hz sync 3.131354

CPU work load: 45.04%, 0.0096 Tot 1.63

This happens when launching linrad from x-window as well as from run level
3.
Sometimes hitting esc gets me back to console but a restart of Linrad shows
only the dead screen but no graphs or sound. Mostly I need to reboot the
system doing alt+ctrl+del but I have had a few really bad ones where I had
to hard-reset the computer and it came up with messages like "looking for
drive MBR" and things like that, doing nothing for 3 minutes (which
frightens me!) Suse 9.1 needs about 5 minutes to rescue the system. When it
happened the first time, I thought the MBR (of my dual boot system W2k/Suse
9.1) was gone.

The cpu is is a DURON 1400, 256Mb RAM, I use Linrad-01.33.
CPU load in single channel I/Q mode is around 35%

Has anybody had a similar experience?

73 Daniel

--
http://dl0ger-eme.dd8il.de/