[linrad] RE:Remote operation

Hi, David!

That is an excellent idea!  Unfortunately, my deal to purchase a remote
site fell thru;  the current owner wanted more than I was willing to
pay.  I am still looking for other potential sites, but won't of course
have anything for the next contest.  Maybe next year?  Unless land
prices grow faster than my pocketbook ;)

In any event, I hope to record much (maybe most, maybe all) of the
contest in "S" files, but I also want to compare verious receivers and
Linrad inputs, so I won't necessarily have "S" files available for the
entire contest.

I plan to record it in small enough chunks so that when compressed each
section will fit on a CD.  Maybe with the march of technology this is
unnecessary, and I can expand to DVD size files.

Any thoughts from those on the list as to what file size if any they'd
like to see would be welcomed.  As it now stands I will record in chunks
that fit on a 640 MB CD when compressed with bz2.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ   FN20ah
2 Merrymount Road