Re: [linrad] Buying the Linux PC for Linrad use.

Jim,

   Sounds like this has a microatx motherboard.   I think that only one
serial port and one extra pci slot (you will use one for your sound
card) might be a problem down the road.   I have an older system in the
shack with a microatx motherboard and both pci slots are full and I
need another serial port for rig control and there is no place to put
it.

   Make certain that the  mnotherboards video chip is supported by the
version on linux that you have and svgalib.   Otherwise you will end up
buying another video card and use up your last pci slot for that.   If
you plan on hooking up a modem you will have to get an external one,
they are rather cheap on ebay, and that will use up your one serial
port.

Terry  KJ7F