RE: [linrad] RE: Using Linrad as a Diversity Receiver?

HI, Leif!

Thanks for the explanations!

With a red face I must report that I discovered that my 'stereo' headphones are
functioning as mono headphones.  I discovered this by finding that ALL my audio
sources were mono when listened to with these headphones.  I have substituted an
identical [but functioning properly, as stereo] set of headphones and now all is
well.  The 'X+Y' function works as it should.

With the two different receivers with non phase or frequency locked LO's in the X+Y
mode I now do get some unusual aural effects that I assume are due to the constantly
varying phase relationship between the two receivers [as well as due to multipath;
but I also hear similar effects using a local 432 mHZ source].  I hear a 'beat note'
type of effect, much as when you bring two oscillators close in frequency and listen
to them together.  In X+Y this also seems to move about the soundstage some.  But
even so I think that Linrad is working well as a diversity receiver.

If I get time I will play with this a bit on HF, using a vertical on one channel and
a random length wire on the other.  Again, 2 receivers without phase locking, to
start.

Thanks again, Leif!  This is yet another very interesting thing that Linrad can do.

And now to get those headphones to work in stereo mode ;)

73,
Roger Rehr
W3SZ
FN20ah