[linrad] I-Q and HF SSB/AM/FM questions, bulk buy for 200Mhz SAW oscs

Hi all,

I am new to the list and very new to linrad - I only installed it yesterday
and am already bewildered by its (admittedly very cool) interface.

I am in the process of building an HF receiver based on the SDR-1000, see
http://www.flex-radio.com which is a based on a Tayloe detector and produces
I-Q signals at baseband, one going to the left input on my SB16 (yes, I know
it's not great) and one to the right.

I noticed that Linrad has an SSB and FM mode with I-Q input, but I can't find
any guide to using it this way. Does anyone have any pointers for getting the
software tuned for SSB/AM and FM, and which controls are relevant for its
reception once you're in the main window?

On another note, my design, as does the SDR-1000, requires a low-jitter source
of 200MHz to clock the AD9854 DDS in order not to degrade its good phase
noise performance. I have found a source for these (Epson QD, EG2121CA,
jitter sub 5ps) but the price is a little high at 38UKP each. Does anyone on
the list know, or have, anything as good as these at a better price? If
others are interested in these I may be able to get a discount on more than
5.

Cheers

Alex Crow

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4949 Fax: (020) 7608 1200
Integrated Financial Arrangements plc is regulated by the FSA