[linrad] Using Linrad as a Diversity Receiver?

Hello, All!

A thread on another reflector prompted me to consider using Linrad as a diversity
receiver (after all, the Dual Polarity receive is just a special case of diversity
receiving) , by feeding one receiver into one input channel and the other receiver
into the other input channel, just as one would do with H and V elements for 144 MHz
EME, for example.

I first tried this with 2 receivers with two different 432 MHZ antennas [one a
circular satellite antenna, the other a vertical stack of 4 Hpol yagis] listening to
a 432 MHZ CW beacon about 45 miles away.  Using Linrad for diversity reception in
this fashion seems to work pretty well, but I wonder if the time constant of the best
linear combination machine [that is likely a misnomer given my math and recall
abilities] is a bit too slow for non-polarity-related diversity reception.  Is there
a way to change this time constant?  How does it relate to the setting of the 'usual'
parameters?

I also noted that hitting "X+Y" in the baseband window with polarity fixed and at
zero does not send one input channel to one ear and the other input channel to the
other ear as I expected it to.

I plan to put up another HF antenna to try diversity reception with 2 HF receivers
and 2 antennas and Linrad.

Has anyone else tried this?

Has it been discussed before?  I think it has, or at least Leif mentioned it
somewhere, I think, but I couldn't find any references to it tonight.

Thanks in advance.

73,

ROger Rehr
W3SZ

PS I didn't detect MGS but it was fun to try ;)

73,
Roger Rehr
W3SZ
FN20ah