Re: [linrad] svgalib_helper.o problem

Richard, I very much appreciate all the help you have given, I have got a reply from matan:

Do you have kernel source installed and configured? If so, please try
running:

cd /usr/src/linux
make SUBDIRS=/path/to/svgalib/kernel/svgalib_helper modules
insmod /path/to/svgalib/kernel/svgalib_helper/svgalib_helper.ko

I do not think that the kernel source is installed on this machine, as the kernel was updated with uptodate just the other day. Can you clarify if the kernel source is required in order to install svgalib?