RE: [linrad] Linrad installation and first impressions

Hi Joe and all,

Linrad should never crash with a segmentation fault.
Whenever you see it happen it is because of a bug of some
kind.

There are however several ways for Linrad to exit with
error messages because I found it too complicated to take
care of some problems properly within Linrad. These
error messages should tell you how to solve problems
like the one with a too wide filter.

73

Leif

> > !! When trying to move the skirts of the filter in CW-EME mode - Linrad
> > decides to crash with a segmentation fault; every time.
>
> I have observed this phenomenon also.  No doubt Leif will tell us what
> we are doing wrong when he finds the time.
>
> I believe that when Linrad crashes during an attempt to move the
> baseband filter skirts, the message I have received is something about
> asking for a filter that is wider than the available window.  I have
> been able to fix the problem by restarting Linrad, "grabbing" the bottom
> of the yellow outline of the filter, and moving it toward the center.
> Then I go back to the paramater menus and change the final bandwidth
> reduction factor to something more reasonable.
>
> 			-- 73, Joe, K1JT

LINRADDARNIL