Re: [linrad] VESA; and a question

Leif --

Although I didn't mention it in my posting about installing Linrad, I actually installed version 1.9.17-1 of svgalib first, thinking that a later version would be more likely to support the Intel motherboard graphics on my Dell machine. I discovered that 1.9.17-1 has no include file named "vgagl.h". So, rather than digging into source code I deleted all the 1.9.17-1 files and installed the "standard" svgalib 1.4.3 package.

I have noticed that the percentage CPU usage for my simple system (one real channel, SSB bandwidth) is typically 15 - 17% with the parameters that you suggested to use in your IC-706 examples. That level of CPU usage seemed very high for a 2.7 GHz P4; quite possibly it is also because of poor performance by the display hardware. I am also seeing
some SPEED ERRORS, SPEED WARNINGS and OVERRUN ERRORS messages.

It sounds as though I should install svgalib 1.9.18 soon.

Now, here's a really stupid question for anyone on this reflector:
How does one get from the Linrad operating screen back to the main menu screen?
-- 73, Joe, K1JT

LINRADDARNIL