Re: [linrad] Tuning RX2500

In a message dated 4/6/2004 6:48:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, leif.asbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I have had success! I can see and hear test signals applied to the RX2500.
>
> 1.) Where do I begin tuning. I see lots of images in the center of the
> display?
What to do depends on what you want. If you want to listen at 2.5 MHz
you just have to run the calibration procedures. You can also skip
them and accept the image spur and loss of the smart blanker.
I am not having success eliminating the image spur. I am looking for directions on how to do this on the Linrad site. In the Linrad program I have been trying to:
        C= cal FREQ response
at next menu
        A= Balance spurs
I select any number of segments to 256 and move my SIG gen until it is all green. After I U=update correction in ram and then S=save correction in ram; I do this 2 times and X back to Regular CW. I don't see any difference in performance or screen appearance.

>>What to do depends on what you want. If you want to listen at 2.5 MHz<<

    I will be using Linrad to do VHF and above contesting in the US. I have all of your hardware through 70 MHz and am patiently waiting for the 144 MHz converter to become available. I will be obtaining at least one more set of boxes after I get this receiver working. The quality of the commercial RX2500 and converters is fantastic. I am a manufacturer in the US and am amazed at how these units could have been produced at this low cost.

Thanks, Stan, KA1ZE
LINRADDARNIL