[linrad] possible hardware solution

to Leif, Bob, and the list:

I have been following the discussion about changing the speed of graphics
updates by moving the graphics processing away from the audio processing.

I found this interesting piece of new hardware that may be a solution. It is
expensive but it claims 8 simultaneous 24 bit A/D inputs each with 64x
oversampling of 100KHz BW for each channel, and 110dB S/N. It has a TI dsp
on-board and it communicates with the host computer via USB 2 so it will not pick
up the noise within the computer case.

What are your opinions about using this DSP for the analog processing and then
using the motherboard for the graphics and overall control?

http://www.datx.com/products_hardware/prod_DT9841-fulcrum2.htm

73,

Jeffrey Pawlan, WA6KBL

LINRADDARNIL