Re: [linrad] Linux

Hi Dave,
thank for your sugegstion.  I tried some Suse distro a while ago but it
was a total disaster only due to my limited linux knowledge.  I think I
am now (just a little bit) more mature to play with it, in fact I was
also thinking to check out Suse once more.

Thanks for suggestion,

Best 73s and HNY

Sergio

Il gio, 2004-01-01 alle 23:52, Colburn ha scritto:
> Sergio wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I am in progress to switch distro from Mandrake to something else at
> > least on one of my machines.  I played for a couple of days with a copy
> > of RH 9.A that I found on some magazine.  Immediately I had to face
> > one-hundred of difficulties I didn't have with MDK but that was somewhat
> > expected.  I was told that RH basically is now totally obsolete and
> > Fedora has replaced it. Before I get too much into it (RH) I'd like to
> > check some opinions here.
> > I am obviously not looking for a 'standard' distro in a world where it
> > does basically not exhist one; anyhow, is anyone feeling like suggesting
> > something 'oriented' in that direction.
> > Cheers and good 2004 to all of you.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Sergio
>
> I have just been trying out SuSE 9 Pro and so far I find it to be
> superior to Redhat 9/Shrike.  Better handling of more hardware and more
> apps included with and integrated with the distro.
>
> Now that Novell has acquired SuSE they should have a broader market
> presence, a stronger financial foundation, and insulation from some of
> the silliness going on in the EU court systems.
>
> IMHO, YMMV ...
>
> Blessings this New Year & 73, doc kd4e

LINRADDARNIL